Welcome to my blog.

Crafting and making things has become a hobby for me and I am by no means a professional. If you see something you like, make it too. Just leave me a comment and let me know how it went.

Happy Crafting!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pillowcase dress

I finally got around to some sewing and made my daughter a pillowcase dress. It is called that because a lot of people make them out of an actual pillowcase, but I haven't seen any with cute prints, so I stick to the fabric. It was so easy and I think it took me about an hour to cut, pin and sew. I had a yard of fabric and I have enough left to make her a skirt or purse out of it.

Then I made a matching bow for her hair that can clip onto a headband like in the picture or just in her hair.
Here is the link I used to make the dress: http://www.maubys.net/2010/06/fat-quarter-fun-pre-toddlertoddler.html This website has some cute stuff that is pretty easy to make.
I think it turned out pretty cute and I can't wait for her to wear it. The nice thing about a pillowcase dress is that when it gets too short, you can throw some leggings under it. So this should be in her closet for a while!
The white ribbon is my favorite ribbon. I have been able to find it in various colors and in two different sizes. I think I have bought everyone I have found.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

cute! i really like the fabric too! Your little princessis going to look so cute!